Revlon Parfumerie Nail Polish in China Flower

Tuesday, June 24, 2014


I have been waiting forever for my local drugstore to stock up on the Revlon Parfumerie collection. The shelf has been empty for well over a year, so you can imagine my excitement when I finally saw all the fab colours in their fab bottles sitting on their fab shelf! 

I ended up with China Flower - a bright, coral red with the perfect amount of pink - as I found that I had quite a number of similar shades in my collection already. 

In terms of packaging, I LOVE the bottle, as gimmicky as it may look. It just reminds me of perfume bottles and perfumeries in the 1800s. Classy and just perfection. Looks so pretty sitting on my vanity, too.

I'm not as big a fan of the formula as I am of the packaging, though. This applies very smooth as the formula, straight from the bottle, is quite thin and runny. Not at all goopy like Nails Inc, for example. The scent of this is oriental floral, very perfume-y. I can smell it after the first coat. I needed two coats for opaque coverage. I could still smell it through the top coat I used (Sally Hansen) and the scent lasted for  a week or so. It isn't too strong and I could only smell it when my hands were close to my nose or face. It started to chip after about 4 days, but the scent still lingered.  

Overall, this wasn't a bad polish. It just wasn't as WOWZA as I expected it to be. I guess the main selling point would be the scents. I haven't actually tried the other shades but definitely plan to, as 'meh' as the formula may be. 





What will be your go-to nail polish this summer? 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing the link! It seems like a beautiful story to read.
    Dan Andersson
    Scam

    ReplyDelete

Awards

 photo 3bb223e3-a517-48d0-8eac-37599538deda_zpsaad25928.jpg