MARCH FAVOURITES!!!

Wednesday, April 02, 2014


So March has been a month where I spend waaaaay too much on makeup so I end up with waaaay more favourites than I intended! I promise I'll try to make it as painless as possible. :P



Dry shampoos are a must in my haircare as I wash my hair every two days and usually by the morning of the second day, I end up having a black waterfall of grease for hair. I'm very picky about dry shampoos and they have to really deliver for me to like them. Batiste's Dry Shampoo has never let me down once. The white powder they spritz out perform like magic at soaking up all the excess oil from my hair. It isn't difficult to comb through either. The only downside is that some of their scents make me a little sick. My current one is Cherry and it's the best scent out of them all IMO. However, scent is a small issue for me because after all, it's cheap and does what it says. Can I complain? Hardly.


I always use hand sanitisers as I apply my base makeup with my fingers and sleep with the air conditioner on the whole night due to a small heatwave we're experiencing over here currently. This dries out my hands and leaves them all peel-y and gross, that's why I'm a hand cream junkie. I'm currently loving my Bath & Body Works Hand Cream in Cherry Blossom. This smells AMAZING. It isn't a typical cherry blossom scent. It has a a hint of a creamy, sweet scent that isn't floral. This sinks into the skin so quickly and doesn't leave a sticky, greasy film over your hands. Looooove.


I live near the Equator so we don't have the four seasons over here, but no harm getting into the spring mood, right? :D I've been giving my nails perky, loud and fun colours recently and have been using the Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Enamel in the shades Green Fizz and Blue No Blues. I get fully opaque coverage in two coats and they dry in a snap! Green Fizz is a really bright lime shade and Blue No Blues is a gorgeous bright blue-green. These also have those wide but obnoxiously large applicators so one or two swipes and you're good to go!

That is the end of hair and body care and now comes my favourite part! Makeup!!! *heart palpitations* Okay so it has been scorching hot recently and I've been going a little lighter on the foundation. 


This is Kate's BB Gel Cream. I'm in their lightest shade, OC-B. This is a gel/serum like 'cream' with BB properties that doesn't feel like a cream AT ALL. At the same time, it isn't watery and doesn't drip everywhere. Ugh, why am I so bad at explaining things. It has sheer coverage but evens out the skin tone beautifully in just one layer. I use this over primer with some concealer and I'm good to go!

Kate is a brand from Kanebo (Japanese) so I'm not sure if they are available in the UK/US. Click here to go to their makeup website! (:

So I have been sporting the vintage winged-liner look a lot recently and found myself reaching for the same products over and over again. These soon catapulted to my favourites list and here they are in the order that they are used!


MAC's Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Bare Study is a lovely shimmery nude colour that can be used as a base or just by itself! This is so soft and creamy and applies well and I'M SO IN LOVE WITH IT! One layer might not be enough to get opaque coverage but since I'm using this as a base, I use just one. I have no regrets parting with my money for this little gem.


After the paint pot, I grab my nifty Z-Palette with three forlorn eyeshadows inside. Yes, pathetic, I know, but depotting eyeshadows is such a CHORE... The Z-Palette is a useful little empty palette complete with magnet stickers to hold eyeshadow pans. That way, you won't be stuck with a million little cases of eyeshadow lying everywhere. This is also slim enough to carry around in your purse!

I have NYX's I Have A Headache (a yellow-y nude shade that is slightly lighter than my skin, applied all over the lid), MAC's Wedge (soft and light cool-toned brown, in the crease) and a shimmery Body Shop eyeshadow (I have no idea what shade this is but it goes in my inner corners. They have since reformulated their eyeshadows and I think they discontinued this!).


After that, I use the darkest matte brown (they don't have names) from my Sleek i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in Storm in the outer V. These are nicely pigmented and blend really well! The matte shades do get a little crumbly if you use a flat eyeshadow brush to pick up the product but that's a really not that bad! This palette is versatile and has a good range of shades ranging from neutral to dark!


I then use my handy ZOEVA 227 Soft Definer to blend everything together! This cheap, soft and doesn't lose it's shape! The hairs don't come out when I wash them either! I also have the 231 Petite Crease Eye Brush and I use that to get that really sharp and clean outer V! GREAT performance from really affordable brushes! Go check them out!!


For eyeliner, I've been using the Maybelline Hypersharp Liner in black. This has a really thin felt tip to make precise lines and I love it for being able to do that well. I can also use this to tightline my upper waterline and it won't smudge or come off at all (products used to tightline work differently for some people so don't quote me on this :P)! Because it has such a fine tip, it's great for creating the perfect flick.


Last but one of the most important things, my Joey Healy Luxe Brown Powder in Raven! No matter how busy or late I am, I HAVE to fill in my brows and this makes the job quick and easy. This brow powder claims to "flawlessly mimic the look of your real eyebrows and can be applied wet or dry.  Its waterproof formula will ensure that your eyebrows stay beautifully refined throughout the course of the day" and holy camoly this does what it says. It softly defines the brows to give the most natural look out of all the brow products I've tried! This just completes my makeup routine and has earned a permanent place on my vanity!


From left to right: Kate BB Gel Cream, Maybelline Hypersharp Liner, MAC Bare Study, MAC Wedge, NYX I Have A Headache (dupe for UD's Foxy?), Body Shop shimmery shadow


Well that concludes this post! Sorry for the long one and if you have made it to here, thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed my March Favourites! Please do tell me what you've been loving this March down in the comments! I'd love to hear about them and maybe even try them out! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Awards

 photo 3bb223e3-a517-48d0-8eac-37599538deda_zpsaad25928.jpg