Random Haul (ASOS, Maybelline, E.L.F and more!)

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

 

So I have yet another haul that I wanna talk about! My grandma has just recently discovered the magic of ASOS and asked me if I wanted to dump some things into the shopping bag along with a watch she chose, so I said why not? (: I also got an item each from NYX and E.L.F when they had a pop-up store at the local mall! And also, I did say I wanted to get the Maybelline Colour Tattoos in Inked in Pink and Gold Rush so.... Hehe. AND THEN there was a Catrice clearance sale that was too difficult to resist!

One of the items I got from ASOS is the ASOS Front Strap Clutch, $43.57. I was having a difficult time matching bags to maxi dresses, rompers and such, and I realised that what I needed was a plain, versatile clutch bag. The material of this is slightly harder and more 'box-y' than I expected it to be but that doesn't change the fact that it's so chic and sophisticated yet casual at the same time! I can imagine myself using this with many outfits!


I got the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, $24.18 at a dollar cheaper than what my local drugstore is offering (cheapskate, I know, but what else can you do when shopping on a budget?).  I was contemplating between this one and the serum version, but I think this one provides more coverage and since that's what I need, I got this! I'm in the shade 52 Vanilla.

The next one is the ASOS Coin Cuff Bracelet, $24.20 $12.10. I actually thought the coins were 'loose', but typing this post, I realise that it says 'CUFF' bracelet, silly me. *facepalm* This is not too shabby a cuff, though! It has a lobster clasp so it's adjustable. I have very small wrists and I hate the fact that I can't wear cuffs because they just slide right off! The only downside is that because the coin part is heavier than the chain, it tends to weigh down and so after a few minutes of wearing it, the coins will be at the bottom of my wrist and the chain on top, but occasionally adjusting it throughout the day is not a big issue for me!

I just love pop-up stores by NYX and E.L.F because they don't retail over here! I managed to get the thing I needed the most, which is a green concealer from NYX. It is their Waterproof Concealer Stick, $5.00 USD (can't find it at the moment!). This just did wonders for my red and angry blemishes. It neutralised them well enough so that the redness doesn't peek through. It is quite difficult to blend, but that means that once you really work it in, it doesn't budge!

I have been wanting to try a kabuki brush for ages because of it's supposed powder buffing magic. I picked up the E.L.F Studio Kabuki Brush, $6.00 USD and the moment I put this against my face......... it was like the heavens exploded and and cotton candy pooped on my face. Not even kidding. THIS. IS. SO. >>>SOFT<<<!!!! I can't even-

Needless to say, this applies blotting powder like a dream. However, for really BUFFING powder into the skin to get that really AIRBRUSHED look, I'd say this isn't quite dense enough. The Tarte Airbuki looks great for that, though!
 

I am loving the consistency of the Maybelline Colour Tattoos! So soft and smooth! xD Comparing the formula to MAC's Paintpot in Bare Study, it isn't as slippery and thin in consistency. It is much more thick, opaque and gel-like! Loooooveeeee. I am now officially a convert and have to get all dem shades!


Petrol Shop Boys without flash, with flash

So while I was at it, I saw a Catrice clearance sale and I just went 'HOLY SMOKES' in my mind because everything was 3 for $10 (SGD). I only picked up 2 little things from them, though (because budget), but they were 2 GREAT little (oxymoron, hah) things! They are their mono eyeshadow in 650 Petrol Shop Boys, a blueish sea-green, almost mermaid, color with silver shimmer, and their Cucuba Limited Edition Loose Eyeshadow in C05 Take It Mint, a minty, mossy green. I thought these two would look beautiful together and I was right! 

Left to right: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 52 Vanilla (it looks too dark for me but it matches my neck), Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Inked in Pink, Catrice Eyeshadow in Petrol Shop Boys, Catrice Loose Eyeshadow in Take It Mint, Take It Mint on top of Petrol Shop Boys 




Please leave a comment if you've tried any of these products and let me know your thoughts about them!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Awards

 photo 3bb223e3-a517-48d0-8eac-37599538deda_zpsaad25928.jpg