Australis Metallix Eyeshadow Review & Swatches

Monday, August 24, 2015

 
  
A brand I've always longed to try is Australis. Here in Singapore, our drugstores only carry the makeup wipes from them, which, though cheap, I didn't really enjoy. Now, when I saw the pop-up makeup stands in my local mall, I wasn't expecting to see Australis! Anyway, long story short, I picked up three of their Metallix cream eyeshadows to try! 
 
The three shades I got were:
 Plum Diddy - darkened burnt plum shade with flecks of pink glitter
Lana Del Grey - Silvery lavender with flecks of silver  glitter
Jay Zed - Khaki bronze with flecks of gold glitter

These come in little black plastic pots with screw-on lids, same as almost every other cream shadow. Very simple, light and easy to carry around! Though I haven't experienced any drying with this, I would recommend to screw the lid back on as tightly as you can (without breaking it)! 
 
 
 
 The first thing that caught my attention was the texture of these. Above is a close-up and you can see that they're more of a mousse than a cream. They're very slippery in consistency and have a bouncy feel to them!
 
 
 
Here is close-up of Plum Diddy on my finger. As you can see these are extremely creamy and soft. Now, on to the swatches! All swatches below are about 2 layers of the product.
  Left to right: Plum Diddy, Lana Del Grey, Jay Zed 
 
These swatch so beautifully and opaque. They're pigmented and have even color throughout, absolutely no sign of patchiness!  The only gripe I have with them is that these is that their lasting power isn't that fantastic. Unlike the MAC Paintpots and the Maybelline Color Tattoos, these work best with a primer or some sort of base. They crease a little but for the price, I still think they're awesome! 
 
Even though they come off a bit darker on the eyes, these really do have the metallic effect and are great for a night-out smokey eye! 
 
 
 
Indoor lighting 

 
In sunlight 
 
Have you tried any Australis products? What are your thoughts?  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Awards

 photo 3bb223e3-a517-48d0-8eac-37599538deda_zpsaad25928.jpg