Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer | Review

Monday, September 22, 2014


Kat Von D is a brand well-known for producing an extremely high-coverage foundation and concealer. Considering that I've suffered from severe acne for several years, I've always wanted to try their stuff. Fortunately, after years of lusting, I finally got my hands on the Lock-It Tattoo Concealer
This little guy contains 0.58oz (17ml) of product for $25 USD. 

The website claims that it is:  
A heavy duty, highly pigmented, transfer- and water-resistant, multitasking concealer.

I like the fact that it comes in a squeeze tube, because that way, I can get the most of out of it and there won't be any bits left at the sides. I hate wasting products so thumbs up from me! I find the design and print really cute too! 
The thing that caught me by surprise, however, is how runny it is. I opened the cap, ready to squeeze it out and it squirted everywhere! For a concealer claiming to provide maximum coverage, I was expecting a thick cream-like texture. I was a bit disappointed at first, because a watery consistency can't possibly provide high coverage, right? 

WRONG! This spread really easily on my face and did a mighty fine job at covering any sort of redness or pimples, no matter how big or small. I only need the tiniest blob to cover my entire cheek, and keep in mind that I have severe acne. I was pleasantly surprised and so happy with it! It layers great and doesn't cake up my face when I try to build it up.

 


There are a few gripes, however. First is that it is too dark for me. I am in the shade Medium 22 and it can make me look just a bit orange, but that isn't a big deal because I have powders in all sorts of (wrong) shades that balances everything back! I'd say for really pale skin, go for the first two lightest shades. Secondly, this does oxidize a little bit. It is barely noticeable but I wouldn't recommend piling on the bronzer or coral/orange blush when wearing this! I mean, if you got it in the wrong shade, that is. Third, if you've got really big and open pores, this might emphasize it. To combat this, you can try a pore-perfecting primer like Benefit's Porefessional! I haven't tried that yet as I'm also currently trialing the Tarte 12 Hr Primer.

Other than those things, I am perfectly happy with this little gem and I know it is well worth the money because it is going to last me forever!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. this sounds really good, love a bit of good coverage! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. dream-seek- believe26 September 2014 at 10:27

    This sounds amazing! I really need to try her product range out!

    http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing, luckily I have my Make Up Forever Full Cover to make up for the fact that this brand isn't available to me ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard her foundation is fairly good too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. KVD isn't available where I live either ): Is the MUFE good?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to try it then! Just can't get over how expensive it is ):

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will last for ages though, mine still looks brand new after months ;)

    ReplyDelete

Awards

 photo 3bb223e3-a517-48d0-8eac-37599538deda_zpsaad25928.jpg