Going Dark For Summer? | Wishlist #2

Monday, May 12, 2014


People usually associate summer with bright neons and florals but I've just been drawn to darker shades  recently! All these things are still somewhat summer appropriate, though, IMO!

Red Retro Swimsuit, £65 - What would summer be without the perfect swim suit? I have always loved the look of retro swim suits like this but haven't been able to find a good one that's worth the price! So far, I'm interested in this For Luna one and mod cloth's collection of beachwear! The red of this is not annoyingly bright but still makes a statement by itself!

Ted Baker Leyah Crosshatch Shopper Bag, $331.67 - I've been wanting this piece forever but have been contemplating between the neon pink one and the black. The black one seems more suited for fall or winter but it would be easier to match with outfits and seems like a staple bag to me. It's also very spacious but not too bulky. Loving the rose gold detailing as well! 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat, $35 - This is described as a vibrant poppy colour but from swatches and reviews, it looks more like a neon coral. Definitely astray from my usual bright blue-pink blushes but always fun to try something new, eh? (: I think this colour would look so pretty under sunlight! This is light enough to be worn out into the scorching sun and it's finely milled shimmer gives a breathtaking, ethereal glow to the face! (another shade is called Ethereal Glow hah)

Opal Velvet Choker, $9.24 - Lurking around Etsy, I stumbled upon this dainty shop that sells very vintage-looking chokers and bracelets. I really like the minimalist look of this choker and granted, it may not be the most comfortable to wear during the hot weather but I still think it looks gorgeous, especially when paired with a flowy top! 




What do you think of going 'dark' for summer? (: 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I LOVE that hourglass blush, it's beautiful! Stop by my blog http://justjone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try it but unfortunately they don't carry Hourglass in my area. ): Thanks for reading! x

      Delete

Awards

 photo 3bb223e3-a517-48d0-8eac-37599538deda_zpsaad25928.jpg