STEAMCREAM // Using Steam To Make Cream?

Saturday, August 09, 2014


Yes you heard me right! 

SteamCream is a brand of cream that claims to introduce the latest concept in skincare: using steam to fuse together high-quality natural ingredients. The product of this is a light-weight, hydrating cream that claims to be super-moisturizing, sinking into the skin faster than regular creams. 

I will not bore you with the process on how they fuse together the steam molecules and such, but if you're interested you can click here to go to their website and learn more! 

Now... on to the review. 

The cream is very very lightweight, almost liquid-y and comes in the prettiest tin I've ever seen for a cream. I almost spilt the whole thing when I opened it! Despite the airy texture of the cream, it still feels luxurious when applied. This did have quite a strong lavender scent, but I personally like scented products, though I suppose it might be a bit too much for some. 


But does it actually work? 

The answer is yes!

I reckon this would be a good night-time moisturiser as it does work and the scent is calming and relaxing. However, I'm not gonna' lie; it doesn't sink into the skin completely as it claims. Sure, it doesn't exactly sit on the skin like some heavy moisturisers do, neither does it give that annoying sticky feeling that prevents you from putting on your jeans, but it does feel slightly 'slick' and 'oily'. It is probably because of all the natural oils in it.



BUT!!!

Yes, unfortunately, there is a BIG 'BUT'. I have applied this every night for the past 3 or 4 days, and as I'm typing this now, I am also observing little tiny bumps on my arms. They look like goosebumps but are smaller. I didn't use to have them. I'm not sure if it is the cream but it might be, since I haven't changed any of my body lotions other than to SteamCream.

It might just be my skin, though, so I recommend that you try it yourself because it does inject a surge of moisture into my skin and smells heavenly. They also have a gargantuan range of designs, sometimes even teaming up with artists from around the world!

You can click here to see all their available designs!




What do you think about the concept of using steam to make cream?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Awards

 photo 3bb223e3-a517-48d0-8eac-37599538deda_zpsaad25928.jpg