5 On My Playlist || #1

Sunday, August 03, 2014

One of the things I absolutely have to have whenever I'm out and about is music, and I'm sure that goes without saying for most of you as well! I thought I'd start a series called 5 On My Playlist where I share with you 5 songs I love! 

1. Running Wild - Jules Larson

I first heard this song on the movie trailer The Best Of Me, which is an adaptation of the Nicholas Sparks novel. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favourite authors because even though the plots are similar, his writing style is what enraptures me.

If you haven't yet the book, The Best Of Me is about a boy (Dawson) and a girl (Amanda) falling in love although both of them were from completely different walks of life. However, they were forced to separate and then didn't see each other for the next twenty years. However a funeral in town brings them back together and then... well you'll have to read it for yourself!

Here's the song...


And here's the trailer...



2. All Of The Stars - Ed Sheeran

Now this song I stumbled upon on Youtube. I haven't watched The Fault In Our Stars yet, although I've read the book. I like this song because firstly, Ed Sheeran. Duh. Secondly, I like the fact that the words 'stars' and 'Amsterdam' were included. It really alludes to the book, which I thoroughly enjoyed!



3. Sad Song - We The Kings ft. Elena Coats

This song reminds me of a 'modern' High School Musical. Perhaps something Troy and Gabriella would sing if they were grown ups! A bit cheesy but nonetheless a catchy tune that has got me humming it over and over again!



 4. Afire Love - Ed Sheeran

A sad one, this is. It is about the passing of Ed Sheeran's grandfather. Sung in typical Ed Sheeran style, dreamy, light piano and guitar combined with smooth vocals, this is pretty much near perfection. Although this is about death, it doesn't make me want to pull out the tissues, which I actually appreciate. My favourite part is when they sing 'hallelujah'. Have a listen!



5. Leave The Night On - Sam Hunt

Ah, 'modern' country music. I just love the sound of banjo strings and harmonicas perfectly melded with a beat! Think old Taylor Swift and Blake Shelton. Listening to this song, I just can't help imagining myself in a plaid shirt, jeans and country boots, standing beside a truck in the sand and bopping to this with my friends as my boyfriend (Sam Hunt, tee hee) jams out with his guitar. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Awards

 photo 3bb223e3-a517-48d0-8eac-37599538deda_zpsaad25928.jpg